Tuesday, July 3

(Extra)Ordinary.



Just a few hours ago, upon continuous insistence of my mom, I accompanied her and my sister to a local women's park. It's one of the projects undertaken by Baldia town Karachi, all painted in yellow and green. To my amazement, the park was home to many visitors today. The last time, I passed by, it was newly inaugurated and hence, deserted.I chose to sit on a bench and practise my see-through skills on the people around. Sitting there, I thought to myself how ordinary I am at times, choosing to go with the flow, doing what everyone else has been, acting like I have no brains of my own. I am as ordinary as others surrounding me. I take pride in that. In my head, I have jot down a whole list of things I wanna be in near future. So had others. On the first look, they'd seem different but from within, stems one desire: Quest to do better, be better, live better. My definition of 'better' is very much distinct from others, but in the end it doesn't really matter. We all are in a state of being dissatisfied from where we stand at the moment and want more, more of everything.But then, undoubtedly, I'm different. I choose to be. I might be one ordinary kid right now, but I don't intend to remain being one. My perspectives doesn't reflect those of my parents, I can form opinions of my own accord. I do things I think are 'right', I refrain from the 'wrong' ones. I agree, I disagree or just remain silent. I'm open to new and crazy ideas and let my imagination break through the boundaries holding me in real life. I'm determined and inspired to do something unique, so that when I embrace death, I'm not one of those thousands who die everyday and nobody but a few close relatives pay a heed. I wanna be remembered in good ways. And someday, hopefully, would I be able to make my name. And then I'd no longer be ordinary; I'd be DIFFERENT. If that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment